Fell from swing. Having cough, feeling shortness of breath, strange acidic/blood taste in throat and pain in lower body. Guide?

My daughter fell off a swing about three hours ago and has since been coughing, had shortness of breath, a strange acidic/blood taste in her throat and pain around entire lower body front and back and pain up to her shoulders. Should I bring her to the ER or is this just a possible sprained rib?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 6 hours later

Thanks for asking.

I think your child needs to be checked, after an injury shortness of breath along with coughing can be because of injury to the lung parenchyma and /or ribs.

Blood taste in the mouth signifies bleeding, not all the haemmrhages are clear cut visible from the outside, some of them are revealed and some of them are present in the body organs deep inside with nothing visible to the eye.

Please take the child to the ER as soon as possible.