Fell from bike. Had stitches. Have swelling on eye brow and scar tissue is lumpy and hard. Suggest?

Question
I fell off my bike , fell on left side of my eyebrow cut my brow from my sunglasses received 6 stiches after 4 days removed stiches now still have swelling on brow and hard scar tissue feels lumpy and hard , what is that.
Is it part of healing and will that swelling go down with that hard tissue?
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 54 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Do not worry. Over a period of time the swelling will decrease and the hard scar tissue will reduce after a initial increase in size.

If you continue to have pain, redness, fever, etc., please contact your doctor as that could be an indication of infection.

Did you receive your tetanus injection after the fall and injury (or did you receive in the recent past)?

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty

Follow-up: Fell from bike. Had stitches. Have swelling on eye brow and scar tissue is lumpy and hard. Suggest? 20 hours later
Yes I have had tetanus shot, one last thing Dr. scar on my eyebrow it is healing, should i keep it bandaged with ointment and how long does it take to heal and will look better then It does now .

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 11 hours later

Normally wound healing takes 2 to 4 weeks depending on the type of wound. It is better to apply a thin layer of antibacterial ointment.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Fell from bike. Had stitches. Have swelling on eye brow and scar tissue is lumpy and hard. Suggest? 17 hours later
Sounds good, so keep applying thin layer of ointment and won't slow the healing time because its always moist ? Thanks for your answers Dr. and good by.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 7 hours later

Do not worry. A thin layer of antibiotic ointment is not going to do any harm. If there is any problem like redness, pain, pus discharge - please contact your doctor.