Fell down on the ground. What could be the reason?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
8 weeks ago, I was rushing through the house to get to an appointment when I had a strange feeling of my head smashing to the ground yet I was still upright.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi, the experience you mentioned is due to 2 possible reasons. One being hypoglycemia meaning low blood sugar which happens when you have delayed breakfast or body needs bit more sugar to work. Second possibility is if you had some change in sleep habits or worked out of routine hours and body needs rest. Third possibility is sudden vasovagal attack which happens in some people. But there is nothing to worry as these instances are not going to repeat. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Fell down on the ground. What could be the reason? 36 minutes later
Thank you, Dr Koregol

My further questions are:

Immediately after crashing to the ground, I had a dazed feeling of "what happened"? I went back to work for 3 days. I felt unwell and have since NOT gone back to work (I have not worked for 8 weeks.) Despite reducing my blood pressure through medication, the symptoms remain most of the time. To sum up: At present the problem has not been resolved - i.e. I still feel lethargic despite taking hypertenstion drugs.

Thanks for your help, XXXXXXX XXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
blood sugar test

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX if you feel discomfort in head and not able to work after 8 weeks of fall, you need to get CT Scan of the head to see if there is small bleed which occurred and healing now. Also get fasting blood sugar done which sometimes is elevated making you feel lethargic.

Follow-up: Fell down on the ground. What could be the reason? 46 minutes later
Thank you for your advice. This is the most constructive piece of advice received.

XXXXXXX XXXX

Brief Answer:
please write a review

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX let me know if you have more doubts.i wish you good health and speedy recovery. Please accept my answer and write a review . Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol