Fell down on tailbone. X-ray normal. Noticed blood in stool. Related?

I fell on my tailbone two days ago and got it x-rayed today. X XXXXXXX was ok, but now I got XXXXXXX red blood as part of my stool and also pain on the lower left side (bowel). Could this be related?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

As you have mentioned in your history that in x XXXXXXX the tail bone appears normal then definitely it is not related.

For this I would suggest you to visit your Gastroenterologist, as it shows XXXXXXX blood, there could be some pathology related to your intestine, like any colitis.The specialist may order to get a ultrasound scan or an endoscopy done, based on the examination findings.

Meanwhile you can take a combination of pain killer and an antispasmodic, avoid ibuprofen and aspirin as they can aggravate the bleed.

Hope it helps .For further query let me know.