Fell down on knee. Swelling appeared, hard to walk and noticed blood while wiping. Concerned

3=4 months ago, I fell down VERY hard on both knees, I thought I had broken my kneecaps
since then, one leg swelled up, became painful, hard to walk, limped a lot, took TONS of advil, elevated leg several times a day, wrapped it part of day, iced it several times, it seemed to be better, I could walk a day or two normally but then last week
drove 250 miles sitting, sat in waiting room 3-4 days helping someone else, which is unusual behaviour, usually more active though I am overweight
now the 2nd leg is as bad as the first, can't hardly walk period, suddenly this am see fresh red blood upon pee/wiping, been peeing lot last 2 days....thinking of going to urgent care for help with legs but red blood frightened me this morning
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 29 minutes later
Welcome! I would be pleased to answer your question .

I would suggest you to visit the ER AT the earliest.
You will need to get certain investigations done . An Xray of the area and the Urine will need to be checked . At your age treating the cause of blood in urine is very important . Causes of blood in urine could be Stones, Infection .

Thanks and take care .