Fell down on ice. Fluid filled bruise appeared. Required treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
struck elbow during fall (on ice) months ago - clearly fluid in my elbow (bursa) - minimal pain - just fluid is weird and creepy looking -
hate the time and expense of going to a dr. (sorry) when otherwise, i'm 'fine'
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 55 minutes later
After the fall, it seems that you have had an XXXXXXX bleeding in the joint. The fluid in the joint is likely to be haemarthrosis.
The fluid in the joint can get infected and may cause inflammatory changes in the joint. It needs an aspiration or a surgical drainage to avoid these side effects.
In case the fluid is mild then intra-articular steroid injections are given to decrease the inflammatory effect.
You need to consult an orthopedician for a physical examination and proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.