Fell down, landed on lower back. Having pain in shoulder and neck. Looking for relief

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
i just took a very hard fall on frozen ground landing on my lower back. now have pain in shoulders and neck

i.m 69 years old
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 33 minutes later

If you are able move your shoulder and neck without much pain and there is no much swelling and tenderness then a bone injury is unlikely. You need to continue with rest and ice . Most of the times it is a xray to rule out any bony injury .You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).
Avoid lifting and rest well.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Wishing you good health...
Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.