Fell down, got some damage in retina. Having diarrhoea, sore neck. Can I take pain killer tablet?

My 75 year old sister is two times post op for retina re-attachment. Three days ago she fell off a stool and hit her head on concrete. Went to eye doc who saw some damage to the ret. repair. She now has diarrhea and stiff sore neck. Suggestions: Call 911 or take pain pills?
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take analgesics or pain pills

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It seems from the history that your sister fell of stool and as your eye doctor as told some damage to the retinal repair which needs to be evaluated as per his advice.
From the medical history which you have provided she had twice surgery for retinal detachment, two times stroke, surgery fro hip once and treatment for carotids and heart failure.

Her present complaints are diarrhoea and stiff sore neck. Diarrhoea is not related to her injury and stiff sore neck may be because of injury to neck when she fell from stool. You can give her analgesics and pain killers as the severity of her complaints does not seem to be alarming.

Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you