Fell down, ear ringing. Arm hurts and tingles. What does it indicate?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Hi am 41 years old my right ARM hurts and tingles about 5 years ago I was jacking up a full size van van of ground XXXXXXX handle slipped out of my hand hit me in right side of head hard fell down and it realy huts ear was ringing for an hour could have something to do with it
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later

The two problems that you are facing are:
1. Tingling of the arm: Tingling usually results from injury to the nerve, dietary deficiency of certain nutrients like vitamin B 12, etc
2. Ringing in the ear: Ringing in the ear occurs due to involvement of the inner ear by any disease process. The injury to right side of your head could have caused this tingling sensation.

You need to consult an ENT specialist for the tingling in the ear and an physician for tingling sensation in your arm.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Follow-up: Fell down, ear ringing. Arm hurts and tingles. What does it indicate? 46 hours later
Ever since the incindent I have been having symptems ARM hurts and tingles sometime my hands and. feet or legs might go numb I was driving 2 years ago. My legs went numb should I go to doctor
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 6 minutes later
Hello and welcome again,

Since, the symptoms started after the accident there is possibility of nerve injury. If it is interfering with your daily life, you should visit your doctor for clinical examination and relevant investigations for appropriate management.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal