Fell down and noticed large bruise on thigh. How to get cured?

General Surgeon
Hi, I few years ago I fell of my horse and landed on my side/hip and it resulted in a large bruise on the outside of my thigh. Now years later I still have a lump/bump in the area. It doesn't hurt unless i press on it in just the right spot/ or get a massage on leg in that specific area. I'm thinking it is a build up of scar tissue. How do I get rid of it?
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

It can be a scar tissue especially if there was a hematoma in this place after mentioned trauma. It is advisable to have ultrasound of this area to make sure what exactly you are dealing with. And if this tumor is painful it can be removed with surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.