Fell down and noticed bruised on ribs and having pain in liver. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i fell off a latter onto the cement on my left side the emergencie said i brused my ribs,the very top of my rib between the rib and liver area hurts with very bad sharp pain,three days now,i can breath a little better....
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 38 minutes later
It most probably seems like a chest wall.
Take rest. This will help in recovery over next 2-3 weeks. You can also use a chest belt of appropriate size for relief.
You can take a good cough syrup and do steam inhalations to avoid pain.
Hot fomentation on the pain site and application of anti inflammatory gels will also help.
Consult your physician regarding the same and analgesics like paracetamol and diclofenac can be taken after his advise.
Get well soon.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.