Fell down and lump appeared on butt check. Painful to sit or walk. Getting pain in chest. Concerned

I fell down steps and instanly my left butt check got a huge lump and a big u shaped black and blue. It is vary painful to sit,lay and walk. This happened about a week ago the color of the black and blue is getting better. The lump is still there and still in a lot of pain. I was hopeing it would heal of its own. I wondering if I will be ok. And if I'm out of the danger zone. Or if this is more serious then I think. Also I was getting some pain in my chest this morning I only notice it when I am laying down not sure if it's related.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Black and blue discoloration is due to the local bleeding in the muscles and it is good that it is subsiding and this means that local bleeding is being absorbed.
You are right in thinking that,it should have been alright since it is already one week old.
Persistence of lot of pain raises doubts and to clear them,you must go to ER and get a local x-ray or a CT scan done.
Your chest pain doesn't seem to have any relation with your injury on butt.
It could be muscular as you are getting this pain while lying down only.

Feel free to ask any other query if you wish.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Fell down and lump appeared on butt check. Painful to sit or walk. Getting pain in chest. Concerned 6 hours later
The pain is not as bad as when it first happened. Do you still think I need to go to the ER? The lump also is not as big, I was worried about getting a blood clot or internal bleeding. Do you think I have to be worried about this? Or do you think because it happened a week ago everything is healing and it should be ok.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
If the lump has reduced in size and if your pain is lot less,then there is nothing to worry now.
Everything seems to be healing now.