Ask a Urologist   »  

Fell down and landed on back. Noticed red mucus in urine. Are these related?

my six-year-old daughter had a small ball of reddish mucus in her urine this evening - she said it's been happening a couple of times. She is not reporting any pain. She fell off of a swingset ladder yesterday and landed on her behind, it was hurting her quite a bit at the time but again no reports of pain right now. Not sure if the fall is related as I don't have a clear picture of when it started.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later

If it is a blood clot you saw in her urine then trauma she had could be the reason, as sometime XXXXXXX organ injury can go unnoticed due to absence of pain in some.

It cannot be anything other than blood as its less likely for anything to be passed in a 6 year old girl.

I would suggest you to confirm the fact that the reddish ball you mentioned is blood and this can be done by a Urine Microscopic analysis to find Red blood cells in the urine.Once it is confirmed then a Ultrasound scan may be needed to locate the site of bleeding.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.