Ask a Dentist   »  

Fell down and knocked teeth, swelling appeared. Given neurofen. Should I go for medical check up?

My 10 year old daughter has fallen mouth first on to her scooter and knocked one of her front teeth which appears a little loose. I've given her a 10ml dose of Neurofen, a sweet drink for shock and an ice pack to reduce the swelling on her top lip. Apart from taking her to a dentist as soon as they open is please would you advise me as to whether there is anything else I should do to help her?
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
I think you have already done a great job.
Another thing, do not manipulate the loose tooth and ask the child not to press it with the tongue either, till the dentist fixes it to stable side teeth.
This is important to keep the teeth alive by not disturbing it's blood supply.
You can give paracetamol(Acetaminophen) 250mg 6hourly if available at home.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.