Fell down and developed a lump on the back of head. Should I go to the doctor?

I just fell backwards inthe tiled kitchen and have a big lump on the top back of my head. It is very sore with a slight headache. should I go to the doctor? can I lay down and go back to sleep? should I take anything for pain? I am supposed toget an anit inflamatory Mobic 7.5 today for pain and swelling of my left knee. Can I still take them?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can wait and watch for couple of hours Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about the incident; it must be painful for you. You should go to the doctor if you feel the below symptoms: - blurring of vision - headache - vomiting - ear ache - dizziness or fainting spells If you do not experience these symptoms, and if it just the soreness with slight headache, you can wait and watch for a couple of more hours. In any case, if the symptoms worsen or if you feel more uncomfortable, please go to the doctor. Yes, if you are not feeling worse, you can just lay down and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. You can take Mobic 7.5 mg as usual. This would take care of the pain due to injury as well. There is no need to take additional pain killer for this injury. Get well soon. Regards,