Fell down and bruise appeared on inner thigh. Started feeling asleep. Could the bruise be causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband fell at work and has a bruise on his inner thigh. The dr he saw said nothing was wrong with it. However his leg has been falling alseep, starting around the bruise. Could the bruise be causing this? The doctor wouldn't tell him anything except that yes it was a bruise and he was fine. He fell on Friday and went to the ER, but didn't find the scrapes on his leg til after he got home. Saturday is when it started falling asleep, and he went to the doctor today.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The feeling of numbness around the bruise could be due to the pressure on the nerve fibers due to the collected blood in the area. This is a self limiting symptom and is likely to subside as the bruise improves.
The bruise will regress in a couple of days. You might notice change in its color when it heals, from red to blue and finally pale to normal skin color. Please do not worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.