Fell down a hill. Bruise and narrow area of pain appeared on knee. Suggest some cure?

fell down a hill, iced bruise, narrow area of pain from outerknee down about 12 inches, no pain when walking only if i lift leg
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The pain you mention appears to be from bone in the leg.

Such sharp pains specially when there is shearing force over the affected part is most commonly seen in hair line fractures.

I suggest you to get an Xray done as early as possible as hair line fractures if left undiagnosed will remain undiagnosed as they will not be shown in X rays after some days of the injury.

Meanwhile do apply crepe bandage to restrict the mobility in the affected part.Do apply (do not massage) Diclofenac gel over the affected part to get relieved from pain.

Hope I answered your query.