Fell down. X-ray showed no fracture. Is this normal to have blisters all around the hematoma?

Question
I fell down the steps sept. 1st. I have had an X-ray with no fracture it is on my XXXXXX bone and has clear like blisters all around the hematoma, it has had fever in it, is this normal to have all the blisters?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

The muscles and skin are supplied by multiple small vessels and capillaries. If one receives blunt trauma like fall or some blunt object like ball or some thing else. the stress applied from outside ruptures the small vessels resulting in localized blood collection under the skin forming a bruise. The bruise initially is painful and is reddish brown in color which later becomes black and then fades to greenish blue color and dissappear within a time of 2-4 weeks depending upon the size and the type of tissue involvement. no medical intervention is required.
however blisters are something like small sacs over the skin filled with white fluid often resulting after burn.

if you still have some queries, feel free to ask. it will be my pleasure to help you.
Thanks

Follow-up: Fell down. X-ray showed no fracture. Is this normal to have blisters all around the hematoma? 35 minutes later
Mine is red still all the bruises are gone. Was really concerned about all the blisters. I have never had anything like this before.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 10 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

Females usually have soft and loose tissue which accommodates more blood during such injuries and then subsequently it takes time to resolve. My suggestion is if you are having any symptom, just wait and observe. It will resolve spontaneously.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks