Fell down. Noticed swelling on ankle and knee. Used ice on it, took tylenol. What to do?

I fell on a wooden ramp. My whole right leg was underneath me. Fell hard. My ankle and knee is bothering me. Have swelling. Put ice and took tylenol. Should I got to a doctor?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Swelling over the joint indicates bleeding or effusion due to tear in the soft tissue structures or fractures in the bones forming the joints.

I strongly recommend you to visit a Orthopedician and get an Xray of the affected parts done.

Do not delay the older the fracture is the more difficult is the treatment.

Meanwhile do continue cold compresses and Tylenol.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.