Fell down. Lump appeared on buttock. Should I be worried?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i have a lump under the skin of left buttock, after falling. no pain
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 52 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX and welcome o XXXXXXX
How long after fall did you notice it? If this is only a day or few days the fall then it is obiosuly haematoma or postraumatic oedema. This is nothing abnormal and usually pulls back after 1-2 week. Sometimes there can persist small postraumatic fibrosis but it wot cause any difficulties.

If all this isnt reated to your fall then some subcutaneous lesion may be considered such as lipoma, fibroma or sebaceous cyst. Whatever it is it wont cause problems unless it become inflammated and you ll know this if you see notice pain, redness or pus secretion around it.
For home treatment you can apply some cold compresses on it and take nonsteroid painkillers if becomes painful. ALso, if you notice blood in stool or urine or defecating difficulties, you should visit doctor.Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help