Fell down. Having severe pain in upper calf and back of knee. Looking for cure

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I fell skiing and have severe pain in my upper calf and back of my knee. What do you think this is?
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems to be be calf muscle strain.But if you can't bear weight on your limb it can be a fracture.
Without X-ray, it is difficult to differentiate a fracture from others. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

In the interim,apply ice packs to the affected area,anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.