Fell and right side of back was hit. Bruised and have scratches. Hurting to breath. Should I be worried?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Fell and hit the middle right side of my back. This happened 8 days ago. I am bruised and have scratches. It hurt if I breath deeply and moved in a twisted motion. But last night I felt discomfort when sleeping which woke me with every move and feel sore today. Is this normal that I should feel worse after 8 days or should I be concerned I that I may have hurt something internally. I have no other symptons to indicate such - no swelling, blood, etc.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems muscular or ligamentous strain over back.

Detailed Answer:

From description , it seems you might developed muscular or ligamentous strain over back . If you haven't been resting well, it can worsen after a strenuous work. Good amount of rest is crucial in healing such injuries.

Following measures will help with the pain
• Lie on a hard bed.
• Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required
• Avoid forward bending.
• Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights.
• Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.

If the above measures fail to provide symptom relief, consult an orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation and management.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.