Fell and hit head and now sleeping too much. Feels pressure around area. Suggest?

I fell and hit my head and now I am sleeping too much. Does the over sleeping have any thing to do with hitting my head? The only other symptoms I have is it hurts when a touch my head and I feel pressure around the area.This happened 2 nights ago.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CT scan

Detailed Answer:

Some of the common symptoms of head injuries are loss of consciousness, vomiting, drowsiness and ear bleed. Yes, feeling more drowsy or sleepy after a head injury may happen and needs to be checked out. The tricky thing about head injuries is that it may manifest after a day or two. You may have a concussion and any damage does need to be ruled out. Get a CT scan of the brain and rule out any edema etc.Apply ice on the swelling.