Fell and hit head. Have black eye, numbness in teeth and blood clots coming out of nostril. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I fell and hit my head/left side of face and have a black eye, numbness in my teeth and blood clots coming out of the left nostril. This happened Thursday night. Thank You
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
History suggests a superficial hematoma

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious brain injury.
These features suggest a superficial hematoma (under the skin), and hence the black eye. In addition, there seems to be minor nose injury, leading to blood clots from nostril.
It should resolve on its own in a few days. However, if symptoms persist, you may get a brain CT scan done.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Fell and hit head. Have black eye, numbness in teeth and blood clots coming out of nostril. Suggest? 15 minutes later
Thank you so much Dr. XXXXXXX I submitted my detailed medical history/ medications to my profile as well.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medical history/medications have not been uploaded

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back. Looks like somehow, your medical history/medications have not got uploaded. May be, you can re-upload them.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)