Feet not in shape of the child. What should be done regarding this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a baby girl. She is 19 months old. Her weight is 11 kg.

Her feet is not in the right shape. Pls suggest what should I do ?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The most common abnormality of feet seen in infants is club feet. It can be flexible or rigid.
The condition is completely correctable. Nonsurgical treatment is the first line of therapy which includes serial manipulation and casting, taping, physical therapy and splinting, and continuous passive motion with a machine. Surgical treatment is extensive and requires release of soft tissue and joint contractures, tendon lengthening, and temporary pin fixation of joints in the foot in case the non surgical treatment is not successful.
Please consult an orthopedician for proper diagnosis and early treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.