Feels unusually sleepy and have chronic cough. Underlying cause?

I am unusually sleepy, I have a chronic cough, I am 83 years old and look much longer than every one my age.
I believe I may be depressed due to my daughter's recent death and other bits of trauma in my life.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its know as normal bereavement

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

The depressed feeling is from normal bereavement which usually stays to a person once they loose near and dear ones and it stays for about 6 months from the lose of the person.

Thats how long out subconscious mind takes to have the fact swallowed in. You may still feel longing for your daughter, she may appear in your dreams that pretty normal. You need to get mingled with other people and with will help over come the loss and will help regain to normal status.

Now about chronic cough, mostly its due to history if smoking in past or current life its known as COPD.

The fatigue may also result from chronic cough and other cause in lack of hemoglobin/ anemia.

Please let me know if you need any thing else.
Thanks for the query