Feels terrible and giddy after taking sleeping tablet. Is this side effect?

I took a sleeping tablet at 7oclock this morning now I feel terrible and very giddy, what can I do please
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: no medication to counteract the side effects Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic The side effects of most sleeping tablets include dizziness , lethargy and excess drowsiness. There are other possible side effects but they would vary according the the tablet used. If you wish for other specific side effects, you can consider providing the name of the medication. In terms of counteracting the dizziness or giddiness that you feel, there is no antidote available. You can use enough fluids because lack of enough hydration can cause dizziness so if you use enough fluids it may help you. The other medications that are normally used to help persons with giddiness can cause drowsiness, so they cannot be used to help because they would make your sleepiness worse. If possible to get some rest, this would be best. Every medication has a half life, this is the time it takes for the amount of medication in the body to decrease by half. It takes 3 to 4 half lives for a medication to be eliminated completely. If you can provide the name of the medication, then I can let you know what the half life is and how soon it would be eliminated from your body. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions