Feels swollen plus and hurts behind eyes, pain in head, neck and jaw. How to get relief?

Neurologist, Surgical
behind my left eye hurts and feels swollen plus the left side of my head and neck hurts and my jaws
my jaws are hurting too
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Given your current symptoms, I feel you may have trigeminal pain especially if this pain is current like. The trigeminal nerve supplies the face and irritation of this nerve causes the kind of the symptoms you are experiencing. Kindly get a MRI of the brain done followed by which you can be started on gabapentin for pain relief if diagnosis is confirmed. Please see your physician for the same.