Feels strong pulse in elbow, taking medicine for high BP, reflux, cholesterol. Started taking milk thistle. Suggest?

Hi, it's 4:00 am here. My husband just woke up saying that he feels a strong pulse in his left elbow. He is taking meds for high blood pressure, reflux, cholesterol, magnesium, green grass drink in the am. Just a few days ago he started to take "milk thistle". He is worried that this is a sign of G-d forbid a heart attack or stroke. Please advise.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proceed to ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending the question.

Unfortunately I am not able to give you reassurance at this time and I advise that you bring him to the emergency department for immediate evaluation. There are so many possible things that might explain his symptoms and we want to make sure we are not missing the most worrisome which would be some problem with his heart.

Thanks again for sending your question. If you have additional specific concerns please let me know