Feels like missed heart beat, resulting in gas and belching. Taking Coreg for hypertension. What is it?
User rating for this question
I occasionally get what feels like a missed heart beat. I am taking Coreg for hypertension. My blood pressure usually reads 135/75to80 and my pulse is always dead on constant. Sitting pulse after like 15 mins is 60. Usually when I sit down right after doing something and take my BP my pulse is around 70-75..... I work out I am 49 years old, I feel great. Never a racing heart never a pain never lightheadedness. No other symptoms. I have noticed however that when I get this missed beat I always end up with a lot of gas in my throat and I need to belch......my upper stomach feels like it is digesting food.....(this usually happens after a meal and if I lay down like 1 hour later). I am going to the doctor today as part of a regular visit. What should I ask him?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cause: Gastrointestinal or cardiac condition Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. More than asking your doctor, you will habe to give him a detailed description of your presentation (as above) and request for a few investigations (which I shall list later in my response). The possible causes can be either of gastro-intestinal origin or a cardiac condition. The heart beats in a regular rhythmic manner in healthy individuals, but arrhythmias (irreular heart beat) can result. A normal rhythm goes lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub, whereas, an arrhythmia can go lub-dub lub lub lub-dub, etc. To diagnose an arrhythmia or any other cardiac conditin causing this, we will have to request for the following conditions which will predict the complete health of the heart. They are: -EKG -Treadmill test -2D echocardiography (scan of the heart) Once the more serious conditions are ruled out (cardiac) we can then consider the cause for your presentation to be gastro-intestinal. There is one investigation which will be able to diagnose all the conditions under this category, by direct visualization of the gastro-intestinal tract and is called an endoscopy. You may request your doctor for the same once you are considering a digestive tract condition. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information, I would be more than happy to help. God bless.
People also viewed
- Diabetic accidental injecting air
- Chest pain cold feeling taking hypertension medicine heart attack
- Treatment for accidentally drank isopropyl alcohol
- What does milsd pulmonary hypertension feel like
- Accidental intake of baby aspirin
- What should i take for hypertension
- Food that prevent tricuspid and pulmonic regurgitation
- What is hypertension
- What causes sudden fast heart beats when suffering from hypertension
- At what percent does a healthy heart function
- Can i have a glass of wine while taking metoprolol
- Accidental drinking of kerosene oil antidote
- Ginger and vaginal tightening
- Glucagonoma survival rate
- Accidentally took 3 advil pms