Feels like knot in stomach. Taking enzyme and urge to go to bathroom but sometimes nothing comes out

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I am experiencing stomach problems. It feels like a knot in my stomach. I have been taking enzyme, going to bathroom in the morning as normal. But most of the time, I feel like I have to go to the bathroom, and some stool is release and other times nothing comes out. I have been dealing with this for about two weeks. Any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided is suggestive of collitis

I would suggest you add a probiotic twice a day for seven to ten days

IF this does not respond, go for a stool examination and take antibiotics as per the culture report

Avoid any junk and contaminated foods or drinks in the mean time

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern