Feels like fainted while urinating with low heart rate. What is the problem?

Jan 2013

I almost fainted while urinating could feel my heart rate go real low? Tghis happens at times when I have a few drinks while out with the family..
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of seizures activity or low blood pressure due to heart ailments.
Fainting attacks while urination (known as Micturition induced seizures) with low heart rate suggests the diagnosis.

Fainting attacks could be due to brain parenchymal disease or could be due to low blood pressure (caused by decreased heart pumping activity or arrhythmia).

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, blood sugar, serum electrolytes, electrocardiography, EEG and CT/ MRI scan of brain.
You should also go for 2 D Echocardiography.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
As such there appears to be no correlation between gall bladder removal surgery and present symptoms.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava