Feels like eyelid is shivering and vibrating. Could it be due to lack of sleep?

For past 10-12 days i feel that my left eye lid(left end corner of left eye) is shivering/vibrating. This is mostly during 1st hal of the day. it more when i reach office at 9:30 am and gradually decreasses.
I have doubts that it might be because of my sleeping hours. Due to my wife's office shift timings she reached home by 10:30 pm and then we(myself and wife) take dinner between 11 and 11:30 pm and then we go to bed around 12:30 or 12:45 in night and wake up at 7:30 am with a break of 15 mins at 5am for my prayers(iam a muslim and have to get up for prayers at 5am daily). So on weekdays i sleep around 6 and half hars and on holidays i sleep for 8-9 hours.

Let me know the possible reason for this eye lid shiver feeling, and also any steps to be taken if this could lead to big problem
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later

You are right.Eyelid twitches are caused by lack of sleep and tiredness.Just try to regularise your sleep timings. The problem is just temporary. It will resolve in a few days.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah