Feels jammed toes and ankle, cramping in hand fingers and problem in sleeping and long walking

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For last 15 days i have a problem in leg down side means ankle and toes, like jam also paining in hand finger like suddnely cramp...also problem in sleeping,,I have problem in walking long, also problem on standing more then 2 minutes. some weakness also in body.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
The symptoms that you have described associated with generalized weakness for last 15 days could be due to-
1. Generalized viral illness.
2. Improper diet.
3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse.
4. Electrolyte imbalance.
5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism.
6. Anxiety neurosis.
7. Anaemia, Vitamin D 3 deficiency

All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.

Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the lifestyle options which you can follow:

1) You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced diet will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Feels jammed toes and ankle, cramping in hand fingers and problem in sleeping and long walking 11 minutes later
Two months before i have checked my whole body that time everything was ok except some lipid problem. But suddenly for last 15 days.problem in toes,finger paining and ankle jam...some times suddenly cramp in muscle without doing any thing.. some cough problem also.Big problem is that i am trying to sleep but didn't sleep properly.some fever type feeling in night.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if all your test reports were normal two months ago, you need a detailed evaluation to rule out electrolyte imbalances and arthritis. Do consult your physician for the same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Feels jammed toes and ankle, cramping in hand fingers and problem in sleeping and long walking 8 minutes later
But at least prescribe some medicine for paining in joint, muscle, and sleeping disorder.Because when i go for sleep then it is problematic or nothing...for last 5 days i am facing more problem....I know that this is my last question.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
The prescription medicines are given after the cause is exactly made out.
Since I haven’t physically examined you, it is inappropriate and unethical to
prescribe you scheduled drugs. Hence you will have to see the physician for the medicines that you require.
Meanwhile you can start taking tablet ibuprofen after meals three times a day for symptomatic relief.