Feels hurting in neck and heart and ringing ear. What are the complications?

The back left side of my hearts like I hit it but I did not hit it. My neck on my left side neck hurts as well. My left ear keeps ringing. Is this an urgurt issue or should I wait and see if it goes away?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Your problem needs to be investigated in detail to whether it is related to your spine or some ear related issue. Some of the conditions that can cause these types of symptoms are:
1. Cervical Spondylitis: Neck pain and back pain with dizziness or vertigo are major symptoms of the cervical spondylitis. Get your X-ray done and rule out the disease. It can be treated by medication, physiotherapy and regular exercise.
2. Meniere's Disease: It is an hearing loss and pain in neck but not constant. Treatment can be planned according to the severity of the symptoms.
3. Infection of the inner ear: Proper antibiotic can cure your problem.
4. Neurological disorder
5. Pain can be due to muscle spasm.

All the symptoms present can be due to one disease or can be due to different diseases.
As an issue of urgency your ear ringing has to be diagnosed immediately. Any delay can cause complications. Consult your ENT specialist and go through the needed investigations and plan your treatment.

Back pain and neck pain can be managed with analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Applying local gels at the site and do hot fermentation. If there is no relief from the symptoms, than needs to be investigated for that.

Hope I have answered your question. Write back if you have another query.

Best Wishes and get well soon.
Dr. Kulbir Singh