Feels hard to sneeze and Get flash of floater on eye. Will this go away after a while?

I had a hard sneeze and now I occassionaly get a flash of a floater if my eye looks quickly one way or another. This happened this morning. Do theese go away after a while?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Floaters because of vitreous detachment

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is common to have the symptoms of flashes or floaters in this age group because of age related changes in the eye like posterior vitreous detachment occurring in this age. They will not go away completely but become less prominent with time.

However about 10% of patients can develop complications like retinal tear, retinal detachment. This chance is more in people who are myopic or near sighted.

No treatment is required for vitreous detachment alone. However immediate examination is indicated if you notice
Sudden increase in floaters
Sudden onset of flashes of light
Sudden dimunition of vision with a curtain like defect in the visual field

Hence I advice you to get your eyes examined by a ophthalmologist for confirmation of diagnosis and thereafter if you notice any of these symptoms which I have mentioned above you need immediate examination and treatment.

You have also mentioned that you have" left eye buckle after a ripped " if it means that you have undergone buckle surgery in left eye for retinal detachment then you need compulsory examination by a ophthalmologist without much delay.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you