Feels ear popping while blowing nose and noticed blood in ear. Should I be worried?

I currently have a head cold..I have blown my nose with no problems with this cold to my ears prior...however today when I blew my nose i felt my ears pop..and I went to clean them afterwards and noticed blood in the right ear along with some sensitivity..none in the left this something that should be checked right away, or can it wait for the regular doc?
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Due to the cold you had possible congestion of Eustachian tube that explain what you felt in your ear. Check carefully one more day your ear , if you will note discharge, blood, then you need ENT specialist consultation ( to check integrity of your eardrum , etc.. ). If there no pain, discharge, then you can consult your Family Doctor. In mean time you may try topical intranasal vasoconstrictors such phenylephrine , but no more that 4-5 days, oral decongestants such pseudoephedrine, chlorpheniramine.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,