Feels a growing flesh in opening of vagina. Red but no pain and itching. What to do?

My wife feels a flesh is grown in opening of vegina (i mean below gspot) it can been clearly with doggy style,it is of a cherry size red in color,but there is no itching sensation or its hurts while intercourse,we recently got married.This worries me a lot in future my baby may get effected for which i am planning to have baby in next month,my wife is of 25 years old and i am 30 years old.I consulted a doctor he assisted to have anti-biotics tablets.Its been 10 days still the flesh has not recovered.Can you help me what to do?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later

More than likely, this is cyst maybe Bartholin’s cyst. It will definitely need to be examined and is required may be drained. These cysts have a tendency to recur if not drained. I suggest you see the doctor again for examination. After drainage, she will need antibiotics. Meanwhile avoid sexual intercourse for a few days and keep the area clean. Sitting in a hot water tub will help to reduce the swelling and pain.

Hope this helps your wife. Let me know if you have more queries.
Follow-up: Feels a growing flesh in opening of vagina. Red but no pain and itching. What to do? 1 hour later
can i know why she got the cyst?
We used condom once while intercourse is it because of it?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
It occurs due to accumulation of the natural secretions of the glands in that area. If those secretions are not washed out properly it may become a cyst . There are many glands in that area and many secretions during intercourse. Condom may not be the problem. Make sure she keeps the area clean .