Feeling when trying to sleep. Help?

i get ichty when i try to sleep and it makes me stay up all night but im only 10 years old please help me thank you
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 30 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Itchy bottom can occur due to 3 main reasons
1. Worms . Most common are enterobius and can cause this itching typically at nighy when worms tend to come out.
It can be detected by having a look at the anus area at night with a torch and you may see small worms around the anus.
2. Piles or fissures. Their healing and developing of piles cause itching. Local examinatikn of the anus by a doctor can confirm the thing.
3. Psychogenic pruritis. This an anxiety condition and very common among young girls. It can be treated by doxepine but the diagnosis needs to be confirmed by a psychiatrist.
So in short XXXXXXX your GP who can help you with albendazole for worms and if it doenst help you see a surgeon or a physician. If it still doesnt help then you should see a psychiatrist.
Hope I am able to help you with your query.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: Feeling when trying to sleep. Help? 5 minutes later
its every where but the bottom and im not a girl
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 15 minutes later
Sorry for misunderstanding your query.
The most common reason for such a itch is allergy. You could be allergic to either the bedsheet or the some of the artcles in your room. Manytimes presence of bed bugs in the bed can cause these allergies.
The best way is to open up the windows and dorrs and let some sunlight enter the room. Let it not be damp. Change your beddings and clean all the dust in the room.
The possibilty of anxiety and psychogenic itch still persists. You need to see a dermatologist and if adviced a psychiatrist. Along with the suggestions given above a 5mg cetrizene prescribed by your treating doctor should help you initially.
Hope that helps
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikantg Reddy MD