Feeling weakness, excessive thirst and fast heart rate with salty taste in mouth. Required treatment?

Question
Yes, I awakened early today with my heart racing ,strong salty taste in my mouth excessive thirst and weakness over all. In the recent past have been fainting frequently and experiencing the following...
Hair loss
Engorged Breasts
Skin eruptions
increased sweating
weight gain (50lbs in 6mos)
lip hair growth overnight two weeks ago
palpitations and fainting
increased bladder spasms ( neurogenic bladder resulting from a previous spine injury)
some blood work last month indicated elevated thyroid antibodies but tsh is ok.
I have learned since the fainting began that there is a small hole in my heart but was probably born with it.
As it is Sunday my doctors office is closed and I do not want to go to ER unnecessarily. What should I do? Thanks for your help!
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your symptoms and I think you can wait till your doctor's office is open on Monday.But do take rest and have some one to look over you.Do keep close watch on your symptoms and see doctor sooner.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.

Follow-up: Feeling weakness, excessive thirst and fast heart rate with salty taste in mouth. Required treatment? 31 minutes later
I continue to have the overall weakness and excessive thirst although the racing heart has calmed.
I passed out 3 times yesterday and once this morning, are there any precautions or home care you recommend between now and when the office opens Monday at 10am?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later
In such cases, there is nothing much you can do at home except rest.But the fainting episode so frequently arise concerns.With three episodes I think ER visit would be ideal step.You need to get your blood pressure checked , if not measured or monitored recently.Lying done in recumbent position(propped up )would be more ideal.

Follow-up: Feeling weakness, excessive thirst and fast heart rate with salty taste in mouth. Required treatment? 42 minutes later
Your guidance is appreciated!
I used my Grandmothers Gluco-meter and checked blood sugar (fasting) this morning to see if that was why I felt so weak but it was 111 in normal range. Usually in the past I have had low BP typically 110/75 at times 80/60 After your last reply this morning, I followed up and used an automatic bp cuff first the monitor read 145/85 and now I rechecked it is 132/84 so it is high for my typical daily norm. Is it safe if I rest a bit and then re-evaluate in a hour or so how I am feeling prior to going into ER? I feel exhausted at the moment....and very thirsty.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 25 minutes later
Your BP and sugar levels seem normal.You can rest for a hour and then go to ER.
Please check out for electrolyte imbalance or dehydration if there are any such chances.