Feeling weak, having stomach disorders and headache. Trying to conceive. What to do?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doc... I have been feeling weak, having stomach disorders and feeling pukish and having headaches of late. I am not able to conceive and have had 1 miscarriage in the past and 2 IVF cycles with no luck
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 1 hour later
Well, its quite natural to feel pukish with lots of stress as you are having. Please do a thyroid profile and blood sugar status of yours of yours
As of the inability to conceive part is concerned, well I wanted to know few more details.
What was the indication of IVF and since how long you are married and trying for a pregnancy?
Whether the miscarriage was a natural pregnancy or a IVF?
Whether you have done a diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy?
And what about the semen analysis reports of your male counterpart?
Well IVF success rates depends on many factors and as such overall success rates in IVF is around 25 to 40 percent. So dont get disheartened. It is more important to know the cause of infertilty and treat that.
I hope you will provide me the details so that I can give a justified opinion.
good luck
Follow-up: Feeling weak, having stomach disorders and headache. Trying to conceive. What to do? 14 hours later
1. I conceived naturally in the year 2007, which resulted in a miscarriage in less than 3 months.
2. We have been married for last 8 years and trying for more than 5 years
3. Semen analysis indicates its slightly low
4. We both have done detailed blood test and nothing wrong in them (thyroid, sugar, liver, hormones etc)
5. My husband does suffer from high BP
6. I had 2 rounds of IVF, one resulted in negative and the 2nd frozen resulted in a bio chemical pregnance.
7. I don't want to try the next till I know what's the root cause
8. I have done ultra sound and also the fellopain tube tests and all are fine no issues.
9. Just before my periods I always feel pukish, weak, headaches and alsom visit the loo more often of late

Please help, much appreciateted.
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 11 hours later
Well, thanks for the information.

I would like to know whether you had done a diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy (DHL) which is very informative regarding:

1) The inside of uterine cavity, whether any septa is present or not, which are structurally correctable and must be done before an IVF.

2) The overview of your pelvis, whether any adhesions or early endometriotic lesions are present and the tubo ovarian relationship. These may not be appreciated in an Ultrasound.

3) The patency of the tubes.

All these three are best appreciated in a DHL than Ultrasound/HSG.

I think you can go for an IUI (INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION), after a DHL.

If you fail in few successive IUI’s, you can again attempt for an IVF.

Well, if everything is normal also, IVF is successful in 25 to 40 % of cases. Many unexplained failures may be there. So don't worry.

You can go for an antiphospholipid antibody (APLA) testing of yours, which is a common cause.

I think I have clarified majority of your doubts.

Good luck, take care.

Follow-up: Feeling weak, having stomach disorders and headache. Trying to conceive. What to do? 13 hours later
I have done both diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy and antiphospholipid antibody and they did not find anything in them which is unusual.
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 9 hours later

In that case, I think you should proceed for IUI now for a few cycles before attempting an IVF for the third time. It could be helpful.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more problems.