Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling weak and foul smelling urine. What could be this?

Jul 2016

I have a feeling of weekness and a unfamiliar smell when I urinate.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Premenopausal syndrome. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your problems. 1) Are you diabetic? 2)Do yo still get your menstruation ? 3) Is it regular? Most likely these symptoms do occur in most of the females at peri-menopausal age and are due to hormonal imbalance . Please consult qualified Gynaecologist and get following investigations under his/herguidance. 1) Haemogram 2) Routine Urine tests and urine culture. 3) Blood sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out diabetes. 4)Serum hormonal levels (Oestrogen) 5) Serum calcium The foul smelling urine could be due to UTI or concentrated urine due to less water intake. In the mean while start taking high protein diet with vitamin supplements, Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis, Hope I have answered your query Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Feeling weak and foul smelling urine. What could be this? 28 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX I still menst., but I just had it about a month ago but otherwise it was 5 months before that. Im not sure about being diabetic either. My fingers and hands get numb a lot all the way to my elboes, also my hips ache too. Is that just part of menopause? thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Get the tests done toconfirm the diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hello; Thanks for follow up. You are in in a peri-menopausal period and your symptoms are most likely part of it.Please get the tests I have suggested earlier and consult your Gynaecologist for further treatment. All these varied symptom will get resolved over a period of time. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.