Feeling weak and dizzy after stomach flu. How to get relief?

Question
Dear Doctor,

I feel very weak and dizzy after the stomach flu. What should I do to make it better soon?

thanks,
XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

It just takes more time to settle. You should try to replenish the lost salt and hydrate well during this time. You can add extra pinch of salt for next two to three days. Home made ginger tea/lemon tea helps to rejuvenate. You need 5 litres of water during this time.

It is the time you have to concentrate on balanced diet and it is not bad to have probiotic drink. In addition multivitamin with gineseng can be used.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Feeling weak and dizzy after stomach flu. How to get relief? 20 hours later
Thank you doctor! Any techniques I can use when I have these fainting spells?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 26 hours later
Lemon water with pinch of salt and sugar. Hydrate well with three such glasses. Change the posture slowly as this will adjust the blood flow to the head and does not trigger dizziness.

Best of good health. If you do not have further queries please close the query and rate the answer.