Feeling warm blood circulating between knee and ankle without any pain. Related to cardiac problem?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
From past 3-4 days i feel like a warm blood is circulating between knee and ankle of my left leg.Its just for a second or two but getting such feel about 3-4 times a day.My body weight and also stomach has increased since 2 years. I have doubt on my boby weight however a friend asked to check if is related to any cardiac problem. Pls advise

About 2 years ago fell on my knee in snow park while walking. Cosulted orthopaedic doctor who on investigating x-ray said that nothing to worry and might be a small blood clot which will dissolve in 2 months. Had pain for few months when i rest major part of my body on left leg heel but now its fine.

Mentioning of this event is just to give a an idea if the warm blood circulation feel is related to this as well

Age :32 years
Height : 181 cmc
Weight : 89 kgs
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
The feeling of warm blood circulation between the knee and the ankle in one leg without any pain can be just a normal variation due to increased blood supply to the area due to the muscle activity. If there is any swelling in the area or pain then inflammation, infection or a XXXXXXX vein thrombosis needs to be ruled out after a physical examination and appropriate tests.
The other possibility could be a pinched nerve at the level of lumbar spine or a decreased vitamin B 12 levels. You can start taking methylcobalamin supplements in case there is no pain and see if it improves.
This is not likely to be related to the knee injury you had two years ago.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.