Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling urgency in urination. Feeling weird and hurting. What are the risks?

General Surgeon
Hi, I was up several times last night feeling an extreme urge to go pee. I would get up and go it would almost hurt coming out. It felt weird and it would just be a little. When I wiped it had a pink tint and sometimes like a small stringy piece of blood. I would feel the urge to per again almost as soon as I got up from the toilet. It eventually stoped enough for me to sleep. Now I still fell the need to go often just not as extreme and no pink tint.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 43 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are very characteristic for either urinary tract stones. It is often associated with abdominal pain sometimes radiating from back to groin and fever. It is advisable for you to have urine test, blood test and abdominal ultrasound. Antibiotic therapy might be necessary administrated by your doctor. You should also increase water consumption. Hot bath can be also a remedy.

Hope this will help.Feel free to ask further questions.