Feeling uneasy, fever and body pain after intercourse. Tested negative for HIV. What's going on?

Question
Hi Doctor,
Iam married.I had an intercourse with my friend other than my wife on XXXXXXX 14 2013.From the day one i am feeling uneasy,fever and body pains.Me and my friend checked for HIV test.result is non reactive.she is doing well.But iam not feeling well tillnow.For me body pains,lowgrade fever that is 98.4 to 98.8 still continuing.iam scaring about HIV.Please help me.I tested out for both typhoid,malaria.both are negative.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

I am think you are too much worried than what you should be. Your anxiety and stressful thoughts are a perfect reason for the magnified symptoms. A feeling of uneasiness, fever and body pains are very non specific and could be reason for hundreds of conditions and not particularly HIV. Since you mind has learnt about HIV it is trying to correlate with it. You have a guilt within having married to one. Let the guilt remain but other thoughts should be removed from the mind.

It is never that a man can acquire HIV virus just being untruthful towards his woman.

You cannot test and confirm HIV with any test within 15 days. The timing was not correct for your test. If you should be sure you can get ELISA for HIV test after 14th Feb 2013.

All the best, Life life having learnt a good lesson and do not repeat.

Follow-up: Feeling uneasy, fever and body pain after intercourse. Tested negative for HIV. What's going on? 12 hours later
Thanks for your reply sir.Do you want me to check for any other tests for now.As you said i will go ahead and check for ELISA after FEB 14th.Both Me and my friend having result non-reactive.Is there could be a chance to still affect HIV virus into us.Please reply.Please specify what are the tests that i need to check for getting bodypains,lowgrade fever.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later
You do not need to test now.

The chances of HIV is near to zero. For evidence and belief you can test with ELISA for HIV after Feb 14th.

You do not need to test as you are just anxious that results in body pains and fever.

Follow-up: Feeling uneasy, fever and body pain after intercourse. Tested negative for HIV. What's going on? 1 hour later
Ok sir.Thanks alot for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 minutes later
Pleasure to assist you. I am sure you will be alright soon. Leave anxious and spend your energy into positive activities.

All the best. Close our discussion and rate my answer.