Feeling uncomfortable in stomach, headache, pain in neck and chest. Required treatment?

I have an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach its not painfull, but it swoops sides and is tender to touch it also sends a shooting pain to my neck and chest and I have a constant headache, it's been around a week now? The pain sits in my back as we'll
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Abdominal tenderness and pain deserves a careful evaluation. A few things need to be considered. First, i this the first time you are experiencing this pain or not? Is it related to your menstrual period? Any history of migraines? Any new drug taken lately? or any history of menstrual pains. These considerations are important first even before a physical examination. I suggest you are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
Associated symptoms like diarrheoa, nausea, vomitting and fever. Conditions like premenstrual syndrome, appendicitis should be examined and excluded. A stool examination, complete blood count and an abdominal scan might be necessary to exclude any serious abdominal medical or rarely a surgical condition.
I suggest you consult a physician for a proper correlation of risk factors and past history, physical examination and laboratory and radiologic tests if necessary, to take a timely and safe decision. This shall be important also to keep a stable state of mind.
Be calm till you XXXXXXX your family physician.
Luchuo, MD.