Feeling uncomfortable in stomach. Have elevated lipase levels. Took citropram. Developed itchy rashes on face

Sep 2012

I have this persistent uncomfortable feeling in the upper right side of my stomach. Its like someone is pocking me just below my ribs with their fingers.I think its worse when I drink wine. I do have elevated lipase levels but my doctor didn't say much about that. I take one citropram anti deppressant ,One Lorazepam and 2 Zopikilone sleeping tab.l do sometimes abuse this dose. Also in the last 2 days developed an itchy rash on face.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 21 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query here.

Your description indicates possibility of gastric ulcer disease. Other possibilities are pancreatitis, angina and many more.

But considering your other symptoms like pain after drinking wine, it can be said that gastric ulcer disease has highest possibility.

To come to a definite diagnosis, you have to be examined clinically. After that, upper gastrointestinal endoscopy should be considered if clinically indicated.

Right now, you can take a pantoprazole or esomeprazole group of drug daily. For pain, you have to take sucralfate and oxetacaine solution. As you have elevated level of lipase, you should avoid wine.

You should consult with a gastroenterologist in person for a detailed clinical examination and also for further management accordingly.

The rash you described may be of allergic origin. You should confirm it by consulting a general physician. Right now, you can take a cetrizine group of drug. That will be enough.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.