Feeling uncomfortable hot or cold, hip and thigh pain. Temporary relief from Arnicare

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 72 years old and am cold when nobody else is cold and hot when nobody else is hot. I have had to stop going to church because I am so uncomfortably cold in that building. I also have pain in my left hip and thigh that won't go away. I get temporary relief from arnicare . . . no relief from cold (except to bundle up in layers and layers even when temps outside are in 80's. HELP !
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Feeling uncomfortably hot or cold is likely to be due to the hormonal changes in your body at this age. Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out what exactly is causing your Symptoms and Many effective treatments are available, from lifestyle adjustments to hormone therapy or low dose antidepressants, if the symptoms get severe.
The hip pain that you are having may be related to calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency, arthritis or an infection in the hip. An examination by an orthopedician and investigations like MRI of lumbosacral spine with hip will be helpful in determining the cause. The treatment will then depend on the cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.