Feeling tired, sleepy, burning sensation and feverish. What am I suffering from?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
hello please help
i feel very feverish every afternoon. eyes starts burning/hurting. i feel very tired and sleepy. i used to think its because of heavy meals etc. but i ll have these symptoms even when i have less food. its starts by around 2pm. and continues till 5 to 5.30. i go to gym and work out everyday morning at from 8.30am to 9.30am. i never used to feel this way before. kindly advice me what is it...am i suffering from any disease or condition? kindly help as it is affecting my everyday routine... i am scared...!!
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 28 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious disease.

However, this is not a normal sleep pattern.

At the outset, I would suggest the following blood tests (if not done):

CBP, serum vitamin B12 and vitamin D level, thyroid profile.

Also, are you sleeping well at nights? If not, then you may feel sleepy during the day.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Feeling tired, sleepy, burning sensation and feverish. What am I suffering from? 8 minutes later
no i am not sleeping properly at night.. i sleep very late due to stress...i sleep late by 1am.. sometimes by 2 or 2.30. i keep browsing or looking movies on my laptop switching of lights... do u think thyroid test is necessary? i look perfectly healthy.. with good diet...

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Thank you for getting back with more details.

I think sleeping late at nights (and thus sleeping inadequately) is the main reason for your current symptoms.

I suggest you go to sleep, latest by 11 pm. Try not to browse internet or any other activities, even if you are not getting sleep.

If need arises, you may occasionally take Tablet ZOLPIDEM for sleep.

You can wait for thyroid test now, and do it later.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Feeling tired, sleepy, burning sensation and feverish. What am I suffering from? 5 minutes later
thank you so much doctor.. browsing has become an addiction... can u also suggest me in what ways i can distract myself?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for getting back.

I am seeing many youngsters like you, where internet browsing, "facebooking", etc, have become an addiction.

I suggest you develop some interest in an acitivity that does not require computer or internet (such as singing, painting, outdoor games, etc), or reading books. Also, if you are free, you can take up one social cause too (you can decide which one interests you more...)!

I am sure you would come out of it.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM